Mohor B. Sengupta, Ph.D.
Dr. Mohor B. Sengupta supports the OCPL as Senior Science Writer & Editor and Lead for Editorial Operations. She provides writing and editing support for online, print materials and publications by NIMHD, and collaborates with staff to design a publications program that enhances development and dissemination of information about the Institute's research programs, activities and outcomes.
Dr. Sengupta was a postdoctoral researcher at the National Eye Institute (NEI) before joining NIMHD. Her work was focused on protection of neuronal cells of the retina in situations of pressure and injury of the eye. She was an active volunteer for multiple NIH publications, such as, the NIH Catalyst, NIH Record, and NIH Research Matters during her time as a postdoctoral fellow. Additionally, Dr. Sengupta worked on projects for the NIH Office of History and produced content and meeting notes her IC, NEI.
Dr. Sengupta received her doctoral degree from Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics in neuroscience. She obtained her M.S. degree from University of Calcutta in Biotechnology and B.S. in microbiology, chemistry and zoology from Bangalore University in India.
- Sengupta, M.B., (2019). Historical Medical Films at the National Library of Medicine. NIH Catalyst, 27(4).
- Sengupta M.B., (2019). FAES: 60 Years and Counting. NIH Catalyst, 27(5).
- Sengupta M.B. and Carter L.S., (2019). The Dermatology Branch at NIH. NIH Catalyst, 27(3).
- Sengupta M.B., (2019). Pride Event Addresses Sexual and Gender Minority Issues. NIH Record, XXI (16).
- Sengupta M.B., (2019). Fleming Discusses Healing Powers of Music. NIH Record, LXXI (12).