NIMHD Research Centers
Research Centers in Minority Institutions (RCMI)
COE Environmental Health Disparities Research
Specialized Centers of Excellence
NIMHD supports multidisciplinary research centers focused on key topic areas in minority health and health disparities, including but not limited to:
- Social determinants of health.
- Environmental health disparities.
- Precision medicine.
- Chronic disease prevention.
- Health services and policy research.
These centers are designed to achieve greater scientific impact and effective resource utilization by:
- Focusing health disparities research opportunities.
- Streamlining infrastructure.
- Enhancing multidisciplinary collaborations.
- Fostering deeper engagement among community, academic, and various other stakeholders.
Page updated April 24, 2023