Mission and Vision
NIMHD’s mission is to lead scientific research to improve minority health and reduce health disparities. To accomplish this, NIMHD:
- Plans, coordinates, reviews, and evaluates NIH minority health and health disparities research and activities
- Conducts and supports research in minority health and health disparities
- Promotes and supports the training of a diverse research workforce
- Translates and disseminates research information
- Fosters innovative collaborations and partnerships
NIMHD envisions an America in which all populations will have an equal opportunity to live long, healthy, and productive lives. To accomplish this, NIMHD raises national awareness about the prevalence and impact of health disparities and disseminates effective individual-, community-, and population-level interventions to reduce and encourage elimination of health disparities.