NIMHD DSS: Carol M. Mangione, M.D.
April 8, 2021
Carol M. Mangione, M.D. M.S.P.H., F.A.C.P.
Chief, Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Services Research
David Geffen School of Medicine
University of California, Los Angeles
Thursday, April 8, 2021
3:00 – 4:30 p.m. ET
Best Practices for the Development, Recruitment and Retention of a Diverse Faculty
* Seminars are currently held online.
- Describe successful approaches for developing a diverse faculty.
- Review best practices for recruiting and retaining diverse faculty members.
- Share reflections on the development of the UCLA Health Services Research faculty.
Dr. Mangione is the chief of the Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Services Research and the Barbara A. Levey, M.D., and Gerald S. Levey, M.D., Endowed Chair in medicine, and professor of medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). She is a professor of public health at the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health, director of the UCLA Resource Center for Minority Aging Research, and associate director of the UCLA Clinical Translational Science Institute.
Her research focuses on the influence of health insurance benefit design and health system interventions on diabetes outcomes, diabetes prevention, and health disparities. Dr. Mangione is a practicing primary care physician in the UCLA Faculty Practice Group and is a member of the National Academy of Medicine. Go to Dr. Mangione’s full bio
- The seminar will be videocast and available in the NIH Video archives and on the NIMHD website after the presentation.
- Sign language interpreters will be provided upon request.
- Individuals with disabilities who need reasonable accommodation to participate should contact Edgar Dews (phone: 301-402-1366) or the Federal Relay at 1-800-877-8339 at least one week in advance.
Page updated April 1, 2021